Is Gullak Fame Vaibhav Raj Gupta Worked At A Railway Station?

After the success of the Indian web series ‘Gullak 3’, ‘Annu’ aka actor Vaibhav Raj Gupta wants to take a break from social media for a few days. Actually, this series is being praised fiercely on social media, many memes have also been made, which he is tired of seeing on his screen again and again. Just then what, he has now made up his mind to take a break from social media.
Recently, during a special conversation, Vaibhav Raj Gupta spoke candidly about the success of ‘Gullak’, the story of his struggle and the upcoming project.

The kind of response ‘Gullak’ is getting is quite amazing. Looks good though to be honest I am tired of this compliment now. Its memes are being made on social media, it is getting a lot of praise. Which I am tired of seeing on the screen again and again. I will take a break from social media for some time. It’s not that these compliments don’t look good, it’s just that I’m feeling a little tired now. As an actor, now I want to move beyond this. Want to read, hear something new, keep trying. Yes, I will always be thankful for the love of the audience.

My family is associated with art and culture, my grandfather was a renowned painter in Sitapur, Uttar Pradesh. I too was more of a worm of art than studies, although I was doubtless about my career. In 2007 Mr. Sitapur competition was held in our city. During that time, seeing the stage of that competition, my emotions changed a lot. From there my modeling journey started. On the other hand, my father wanted me to study CA from Lucknow.

I didn’t want to do that at all. After much investigation, I came to Mumbai to do mass communication. Joined theater at the behest of a friend of mine. My first play was Agni Aur Barkha which was a huge hit. This is where my acting journey started.

When I came to Mumbai, I wanted to join the call center. At that time it used to be happy just thinking that I will sit in AC, I will speak English and salary will also be good. However, whenever I went for an interview, I was never selected. On the other hand, there was no money in the theater and obviously money was needed. Actually, I used to travel in Mumbai’s local train and at that time I used to see some boys distributing pamphlets of an NGO named ‘Greenpeace’ at the station.

At that time I took information about the company from the boys of this NGO and gave an interview. From the second day itself I started working at the railway station. That was my toughest job because I had to stop and tell people about this NGO on the platform. I worked for about 6 months for which I used to get Rs.8000 per month. Although I never left the theatre. He used to work at the railway station in the morning and attend rehearsals in the evening.

%d bloggers like this: