Bollywood Directed by Priyadarshan, Hungama 2 is all set to release soon on July 23 on Disney Plus Hotstar. Paresh Rawal, Shilpa Shetty, Meezaan Jaffrey and Praneeta Subhash will be seen in the lead roles in this film, although before Meezaan, the film was offered to Kartik Aaryan, Ayushmann Khurrana and Sidharth Malhotra. All three actors turned down the offer of the film, after which Meezaan was cast in the film. Now the director of the film Priyadarshan has given his reaction on this in an interview.
When A-listers rejected Hungama 2, director Priyadarsh said, “I don’t face rejections in the South because they know a lot about me. But here, I don’t want to blame anyone for turning down a film because if an actor doesn’t feel confident with a director, he shouldn’t do the film. Going forward, there will be no conversation between them in a comfortable manner. Perhaps these boys are more comfortable working with Nayi Soch directors and I am a man of old thoughts.
The director further said, ‘The question is that maybe they think that we do not update, but I update continuously. Film Marakkar: Lion of the Arabian Sea won the National Award for Best Feature Film, if I can win the National Award then I am still good.
Earlier in a conversation with PTI, Priyadarshan had said on the rejection of the film by Ayushman, Karthik and Siddharth, ‘I did not go directly to them, but my concept was met only from actors like Siddharth, Ayushmann and Karthik. They all rejected the film and now I have made a film with Meezaan. He turned down the film because he must have thought that I am an outdated director as I have been away from the Hindi film industry for the last five years.